1) I’m sure Melania Trump is a very intelligent and smart woman but she didn’t write her speech. Would you write your speech if you were in here place? You wouldn’t. You wouldn’t for a number of reasons that I shouldn’t have to outline. You don’t have experience in writing speeches for conventions, you wouldn’t want to ruin your husbands campaign by saying something dumb, you wouldn’t want to make mistakes for your own sake, etc. So no sane person would write their own speech in this situation. Which leads us to conclude that it was written by a speechwriter. Which brings us to…
2) A Trump campaign speechwriter. Imagine the staff that is running this campaign. The last I heard there were 30 people… Total. For a national campaign for president. There were 30 people. Nobody in the Republican party is really helping, I mean, would they be allowed to be part of the TRUMP campaign spectacle? Of course not. This is all being done by hype masters and overseen by the Donald himself. And this is a non important speech so if there are more than one speechwriter, this one is probably the most junior. So I conclude, the speechwriter is probably not accomplished at all and is most likely someone who is severely under-qualified. Which brings us to…
3) Under-qualified person writing a speech for a national party convention? Is it possible that they caved under pressure? Is it possible they copied parts of a speech from the other party from 8 years ago? It sure is. Clearly this was incompetence. Of course no one caught it, there are no political junkies working that campaign. They don’t need to be. This is an operation being run as cheaply as possible. Do you know why?
Because none of the Trump voters care. They are going to vote for the Donald because of what he represents : He’s not a politician. He’s a regular guy who made it big in America and he’s going to sweep out all of the bullshit in our government and make America better again.
I predict the following :
1) There will be no apology
2) There will be no firing of anyone in the Trump campaign
3) There will be no changing of polling numbers over this
4) This will be a non issue after one news cycle
What do you think?